Safe Water Network has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented individual to join our Business Development Team. The primary focus will be to support the Vice President of Advancement and the Vice President of Individual and Corporate Philanthropy in developing the individual and corporate funding market sectors at the organization. The successful candidate will be someone who is resourceful and comfortable taking initiative and working in a fast moving and dynamic environment.
- Function as an integral part of the Individual and Corporate Giving team. Provide administrative support for travel, pre-call planning, and post-call follow-up activity.
- Maintain donor database accuracy.
- Conduct basic research on donor prospects (companies and individuals).
- Assume primary role for acknowledgement of new gifts and pledges.
- Serve as primary point person for the planning and execution of donor events. This includes: management of invitation list and RSVPs, as well as setting up planning meetings with colleagues; working with Safe Water Network’s Communications Manager to oversee the design, production, and distribution of event materials such as invitations, programs, and related material; supervision of event vendor relationships; and administration of on-site logistics and the successful execution of events.
- Support communications with Annual Fund level donors (on-line donors, monthly donors).
- Ensure major donor stewardship requirements are tracked and met—coordinating with our Ghana and India teams, as well as the Business Analytics team.
Personal Skills / Qualities
- Strong organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and multitask within deadlines
- Team player, collegial, collaborative style
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficiency in Office 365 (Microsoft) products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic
- Ability to interact with high-net-worth individuals and their assistants
- Bachelors degree
- 2-4 years professional experience
- Not-for-profit experience a plus
To apply, please send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Development Associate".